- Using your favorite word processing software, type in the child's name.
Change the font to a bold and simple typeface (I used IMPACT) then increase the font size to 400.
Print out the child's name. The letters will be about 3.5 - 4.5" high. If they aren't fiddle around with the font until you get something you like!
- Trace the letters onto the paper backing of steam-a-seam from the reverse side - if you don't the fabric letters will be in mirror image.
Use a ruler to help you get nice straight lines.
- Iron the letters onto the reverse side of the fabric ... for a livelier towel you can use several co-ordinates!
- Remove the paper backing from the letters and carefully arrange them on the towel being mindful of spacing and keeping them in a straight line. I used my 6 x 24" ruler as a guide.
Iron in place.
- Using thread that co-ordinates with the towel zig zag around all the raw edges of the letters.
Voila - you are done - have fun at the beach!